This policy sets out how EPC Recruitment Solutions uses and protects any information that you provide when using our website epcrecruit.com or any of our products and services.
EPC Recruitment Solutions is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
EPC Recruitment Solutions is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full postal address is:
EPC Recruitment Solutions
44 Oxford Drive, Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 2FB
Telephone Number: 020 7357 774
Email Address: email@example.com
What we collect
You may give us personal data by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail and other. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, submit your CV to us and when you report a problem with our site. Throughout your dealings with us, calls may also be monitored for training and quality purposes.
Here are some examples of the type of personal data you may give us:
- Personal contact details such as name.
- Telephone numbers
- Personal email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- National Insurance number.
- Bank account details
- Payroll records and tax status information on initiation of contract:
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process.
- Results of HMRC employment status check.
- Details of your interest in and connection with the intermediary through which your services are supplied.
What we use your information for
- to make it (including your CV) available to our consultants in connection with the recruitment process, unless you request otherwise;
- if you have applied for a job the information you provide, including your CV identifying you by name, will be used to determine your suitability for the position and, if applicable, in determining terms of employment or engagement;
- in management information used to monitor recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies;
- if your application is progressed further, details may be disclosed to third parties (such as educational institutions, present and past employers, our employees and directors, credit reference agencies, insurance companies etc.) for reasons such as the verification of, or obtaining extra, information or providing you with a quote for insurances should this be required;
- if your application is unsuccessful, we may try to find you employment or work with alternative clients and may, therefore, disclose your details to other prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any ongoing administrative process involved, unless you tell us otherwise);
- if required by law or for the purposes of our business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers);
- to provide you with information about other services and opportunities we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to contact you about industry and sector specific information that might be of interest to you;
- to deal with legal disputes involving you, or other employees, workers, contractors or clients, including accidents at work;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to pay you and, if you are an employee or deemed employee for tax purposes, deduct tax and National Insurance contributions (NICs);
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to personalise the content displayed on our website in order to present you with more relevant jobs and content based on your interests;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
How will we share or disclose your personal data?
Most commonly, we will share your personal data with members of our Group. This is to enable us to provide you with the best service possible, and to benefit from the specialist knowledge and experience within our departments.
Additionally, we may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- prospective employers and/or clients for the purposes of assessing your suitability, even where those prospective employers and/or clients wish to remain anonymous until later in the recruitment process;
- relevant third party partners, including job boards and payroll service providers;
- insurance companies that require the data to contact you with a quote for business insurances (where appropriate);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers, some of which may be overseas, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and with the verification of placements; and
- identity verification companies for the purpose of validating right to work documents and ID documents;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or one of our subsidiaries has substantially all of its assets acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its candidates and clients will be one of the transferred assets; and
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your personal data in accordance with the following data retention periods:
Candidate personal data – 5 years since the last contact with you, where contact means addition of your personal data to our database, placement into a role or there is a record of verbal or written communication with you. Candidates includes applicants for all vacancies we advertise, including permanent, part-time and temporary positions with any of our clients. This also includes individuals put forward by any of our clients.
Contractor financial data – 7 years following the last payment made. Contractors includes any Candidate who we have placed and made a payment to.
We will endeavour to permanently erase your personal data once it reaches the end of its retention period or where we receive a valid request from you to do so. However some of your data may still exist within our systems. For our purposes, this data will be put beyond use, meaning that while it still exists on a system, it cannot be readily accessed by operational systems, processes or staff.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the EEA. We undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where EPC Recruitment Solutions is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions:
- request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you would like a copy, please submit your request in writing to:
EPC Recruitment Solutions
44 Oxford Drive
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal information the please contact EPC Recruitment Solutions – +44 020 7357 7743.